Heading to the greatest festival on earth? Then here are some essential tips before you hit the beer tents.
- Servers are very important; the Oktoberfest experience mostly depends on them, so be nice to them and give them good tips
- Do not offer tips to police
- Always be on time, because having to wait at Oktoberfest is no fun for anyone. Otherwise it’s tent closed, girlfriend gone, beer flat
- You should always have with you your ID, money and a key (to get back home)
- Leave your credit cards and wallet/purse at home.
- Don’t drink so much that you end up doing things you regret.
- Only go to the toilet in the designated areas.
- Dangerous items such as pepper spray, guns and knuckle dusters do not belong at Oktoberfest.
Oh, and bring your thirst. Prost!