The beer tents are rising! After a 2 year hiatus, construction for the Oktoberfest 2022 beer tents began on May 16th, about 2 months earlier than usual.
⇣⇣⇣ Watch progress below via webcam and photos from Munich locals ⇣⇣⇣
Over a 10-week period the Wiesn, as the festival grounds are known, will transform into Munich’s biggest construction site. Excavators, forklifts, trucks and hundreds of workers will ensure the stalls, rides, a post office, and most importantly the beer tents will rise just in time for opening day on September 17th.
Fascinating statistics for Oktoberfest 2022 construction
- the materials for each tent are brought in by around 800 truck loads
- up to 35,000 sqm of floor are laid per tent
- 13.5 kilometres of cable will be laid
- 270 metres of gas pipes will be laid
- 370 metres of water pipes will be laid
All this so over 6 million visitors can raise beers and enjoy the world’s greatest event. Prost!
May 18th 2022 Update