The beer tents are rising! After a 2 year hiatus, construction for the Oktoberfest 2022 beer tents began on May 16th, about 2 months earlier than usual.
⇣⇣⇣ Watch progress below via webcam and photos from Munich locals ⇣⇣⇣
Over a 10-week period the Wiesn, as the festival grounds are known, will transform into Munich’s biggest construction site. Excavators, forklifts, trucks and hundreds of workers will ensure the stalls, rides, a post office, and most importantly the beer tents will rise just in time for opening day on September 17th.
Fascinating statistics for Oktoberfest 2022 construction
- the materials for each tent are brought in by around 800 truck loads
- up to 35,000 sqm of floor are laid per tent
- 13.5 kilometres of cable will be laid
- 270 metres of gas pipes will be laid
- 370 metres of water pipes will be laid
All this so over 6 million visitors can raise beers and enjoy the world’s greatest event. Prost!
View Livecam Here
July 22nd 2022 Update
July 7th 2022 Update
June 14th 2022 Update
May 18th 2022 Update